Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Curious Case of The Limitless Me

“Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I can only say that the cat died nobly.”
I cannot agree more with this quote. Never lose a holy curiosity said the great man once and I have tried my best to follow his advice. I have always been a curious person and I can confirm that this is the only virtue that has stayed with me throughout my quarter century of life. I was so curious to see how the world looks like that I poped out 8 days before my mom and her doctors expected me to. I had a very curious childhood as well. Whether it’s eating ants or poking my fingers into electric switches I just about did everything to see what happens if I do a certain thing.
In fact this “What if” has stuck with me through out my academic and professional career. But here’s the catch, I can without doubt give credit for all the little success that I have had in my life to this curiosity of mine. I have realized that a curious person has more practical information than may be an academic genius. When you are curious you have lot’s of interesting things to do. I got into the field of HR because of this curious nature, I have always been curious to know what’s happening in other people’s life, definitely not to the extent of the vamps in K tele-serials, but yes, it’s interesting to know how people are living their life. So the obvious way to do that was either to become a detective ( which is not a very stable options ) or get into recruitments :) and ask people everything about their life.
So my advice to everyone, get curious about everything in life , remember, sometimes questions are more important than answers.
By the way do you know what a woman’s curiosity is ? I am curious to know :)

No comments: