Wednesday, May 6, 2009

FAITH OR FEAR ?

I am on a spiritual high right now.
No, I have not renounced any of the worldly goods. I just came back from a religious trip to one of the most revered religious places. What I saw there is, what has led to this spiritual psychological state.
It was a long weekend, thanks to the government recognizing that laborers also need a day off and generously making May 1, Labour Day, a compulsory holiday. So along with a few friends I decided to wash my sins, or at least, making an attempt to clear some of them. So we reached Shirdi and what I saw there is what has led to this question. There were people, millions of them, it was as if the whole world had decided to seek blessings on the same day. We inquired a little and were told that there were at least a few lakh people there that day.
Which makes me think, what makes people to throng religious places these days. Is it the Faith in God or the Faith that doing this will lead to something good in their life or is it just Fear, fear that if they don’t do it something bad will happen.
Not sure the reason behind my trip, I would like believe it was faith, but then I am not too sure about it also.
Looking for an answer to this question? Is it Faith or Fear

No comments: